Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Christmas in September?

Ok, so 3 days seems to be the norm now. Things have been so busy that I haven't really had time to post and they aren't going to slow down anytime soon. There is something about the end of the year from October until December which seems like you are rolling downhill and just getting faster and faster. I don't know where the time goes. Today, in Walmart they already had out some of the Christmas decorations and on the radio today, there was an advertisement for a Christmas play to purchase tickets. Now while I love for Christmas to live in my heart all year long, and I love Christmas in July sales for my china at the Lenox outlet, I somehow can't adjust to Christmas stuff being out in September. It gets earlier and earlier every year. I haven't even ordered our Halloween costumes yet. I probably won't be able to get what I want now either. Our family is supposed to dress up like the Wizard of Oz. Mary Lyndsey wants to be Dorothy and already has her ruby red slippers. I'm having difficulty finding the other costumes. Anyway, on to other subjects.

Tomorrow Spencer has to give his speech for Student Council elections. He is running for 2nd Grade class representative. He can't help it. It's in his blood. Greg and I were both officers for every blessed thing there was in high school and college. We didn't even encourage him either. He just came home with the permission slip and said he wanted to run. We've had great fun making his posters and writing his speech. Is it normal for people to want to get up in front of others to speak? I've always heard that statistics show that someone would rather be in the casket than to give the eulogy but apparently that is not the case with our family. The election is Friday so wish him luck.

Tonight, I felt like my Bible study went well. We have alot of women signed up to take the next series from Cindi Wood -Victoriously Frazzled. I'm excited about teaching it. Next semester I'm going to teach A Beautiful Offering by Angela Thomas. I can' t wait.

A few days ago I posted about knowing the rules. I wondered about if there are things we are doing that are sin and we don't even know it. Without going into alot of detail, I will tell a little about what God spoke to me today regarding this subject. My daily devotion readings have been around the events leading up to and the crucifixion. This morning, the verse that lept off the page to me was when Jesus said in Luke 23:34 "Father forgive them for they do not know what they are doing." Some of those who were crucifying Jesus would never ask for forgiveness but because He died on the cross for us, we have the opportunity to ask. Sometimes we sin and don't even realize it and Jesus still intervenes for us to the Father and asks for our forgiveness for us if we come to Him. That is so cool. It is just like when the Spirit prays for us when we don't know what to pray ourselves (Romans 8:26). We just have to come before Him believing and accepting through faith and He has done all of the work and continues to. It's not about anything we do or don't do. It's about Him.

Anyway...I probably won't get to post for a few days. This weekend is Mary Lyndsey's birthday and we have several parties planned. Next week I have two epilepsy advocate events. Keep checking the link to the advocate site if you are interested because they are updating soon and Spencer will be on there in full video. Also, the webisode we are filming next week will be on eventually. You can see Spencer's magazine cover if you click on now.

Sweet Blessings...Amy

2 comments:

ocean mommy said...

That is a great picture of Spencer! I'll be praying that God will give you words to speak this week and that people will see Him in you as you speak.

Blessings
stephanie

ocean mommy said...

just wanted you to know I'm praying for you!!

blessings,
steph.