Thursday, February 7, 2008

National Epilepsy Walk

Just wanted to give you an opportunity to get involved in a very good cause. My son Spencer and I will be walking in the National Epilepsy Walk in Washington, DC the end of March. Spencer was diagnosed with epilepsy at age 3 as a result of a stroke he had at birth. Right now they just have me listed as a walker, but he will also be participating. We are part of the team called Epilepsy Advocates. You can find out more about the Epilepsy Advocate program by clicking here. If you would like to contribute to this cause, you can click here to make an online donation.

4 comments:

DeAnna said...

That is awesome. Are there any local walks?

Unknown said...

I'm not sure if there is a local walk here or not, but I will try to find out.

Cheri said...

You are very welcome, Amy. Everytime I read the story of Spencer's birth on your blog, it touches me deeply. Kyle read it last night. We are always amazed at how AWESOME our God is!Have a great time walking!

Unknown said...

I have epilepsy and I was looking for a local walk when I stumbled on to your website. You are truly remarkable. I just had a seizure today and am trying to recover. I have three children and I don't let it get me down, but I wish I could drive and take them places without the aide of others. The Lord knows why I am like this and to God be the Glory. I will use this for His will and allow Him to be glorified through it all. Thank you for all of your hard work and dedication.