Monday, October 13, 2008

Decisions, Decisions

Have you ever been faced with a tough decision? I'm not talking about where to go to dinner, which movie to see or which color shoes to buy. I mean the kind of decision where you truly do not know what to do because it affects your or someone you love's future. What do you do when you are faced with such a decision? When you need wisdom? Many people will tell you to weigh the pros and cons. They will say you should choose whatever has the  greatest potential for a good outcome. But what are we to do as Christians?

To read the rest of this devotion,  click here and come join me over at Faith Lifts.

Sweet Blessings, 
Amy

5 comments:

Ika Devita Susanti said...

I'm heading there..

Pamela said...

Amy, I am so glad that I "ran" into your post. We are facing the same decision with our soon to be 26 year old son. He was healthy and working (away from home) when he became very sick with viral ensephalitis. He now has one to three seizures a day. They were all starting from the left side and so the doctors were looking at surgery but now some are starting on the right. So it is more testing. We feel blessed that he is alive. His whole story is on www.carepages.com under NateCole if anyone cares to read it.

I will be praying for you and the many decisions that come your way.

Have a great day and I pray it is a seizure free one.

Wifeof1Momof4 said...

Amy: You know I have been there and could give you a million words of advice and encouragement, but it won't make your decision any easier for Spencer.

I will tell you that once we gave Ethan "back to the Lord", the answers came on time and we felt peace. The tug of war, going back and forth stopped. We prayed and told the Lord that Ethan was His and He knew what was best for His child.

It was NOT easier, but we finally had peace about the decision made for Ethan to have his surgery.

I cried like a baby when the wheeled by son into surgery, but I must admit I felt like he was being wheeled into the arms of Jesus and that he was coming back to us healthy and whole. (You have to know the history of deaths in our family, that is why we had a extra helping of worry), but God healed Ethan and he healed me of worry about deaths in our family.

Sorry so long .. you know I could talk about this days on end ...

Tonya said...

Hi, Amy!

I'm excited to read this post.. I'm heading over now.

ocean mommy said...

Amy,

We are praying for you and Greg as you seek God's plan in this.