Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween

Whew! It's been a busy week. I hit the ground running when I returned from New Mexico. I haven't had a chance to post about our trip and probably won't get to anytime soon, so I'm directing you to Carol's site to see her post. She has a great slide show of pictures. She took all of these pictures. I took my camera and never even pulled it out :-) More to come on the Glorieta trip later hopefully, but for now here's the latest with the fam.

The kids had a blast this week preparing for Halloween. I know some people don't "celebrate" Halloween, so I hope I don't offend anyone by posting these pics. As a kid, my family always took me trick or treating, and I didn't turn out all that bad... ( at least I don't think I did :-) ) So, I let my kids dress up and we usually go to the church outreach carnival and trick or treating.

Yesterday at school, Mary Lyndsey had favorite book character day. She dressed as Little Red Riding Hood. We dressed one of her dogs to look like the wolf/granny. We put reading glasses, a dress and a shower cap on him. They both were adorably cute.
Spencer had a fall festival party at school today too. They made some really cute crafts... bats, tie dyed t-shirts, slime, a popcorn hand and a few other things. He had a great time.
And, his class at school presented him with a huge basket of cards and gifts for his trip to Chicago for testing next week. We were a little overwhelmed with the support and love. I'm telling you, if I didn't know today was October 31, I'd think it was Christmas instead of Halloween by the looks of all of these gifts! We are blessed indeed to have so many friends who love us! This year for Halloween, instead of heading to the church, we had a small party in our back yard for some of the kids in our cul-de-sac. We ate pizza and cupcakes, made some crafts, and I handed out goody bags with way too much candy in them! I think the kids had a good time. Here's the whole crew!
Iron Man, Iron Man 2, A Camp Rock Girl, Batman, Mr.T, A Ninja, A Kitty Kat, Little Red Riding Hood, Mulan, Snow White, A BCA Knight Fan and a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle... what a guest list.
Spencer and Mary Lyndsey dressed up as Little Red Riding Hood and the Woodsman to go trick or treating. We tried to get Lucia to wear a wolf mask, but she wouldn't keep it on. I had plans to dress up as the Granny, but it never happened. I barely made it through everything going on today, so I didn't get to dress up. It was kind of a let down after winning the costume contest last year dressed as the Wizard of Oz. The kids had a good time though and got way too much candy!

The day started out with me going to vote. I don't know if the lines are long everywhere, but here in Georgia it's been crazy. Greg waited four hours yesterday to vote, and I waited three hours today. Actually, Greg waited two hours for me, and then I switched with him in line and I waited the last hour. He is the best husband ever! He went and waited in the cold to save me a spot while I took the kids to school. Now that's love!

The day ended kind of crazy too. Spencer had a status seizure when we returned from trick or treating. I think it just wore him out to walk all over the neighborhood. Also, he had a pretty full, exciting day today. We had to administer his rescue med. He is sleeping comfortably now. The last thing he said, with slurred speech, before falling asleep was, "Do I get to eat my candy tomorrow?" Poor baby. Please pray for him this coming week.

Well, I'm off to write Then Sings My Soul. I hope you will come join in! Can you believe October is over already?!

Sweet Blessings,
Amy

3 comments:

Mocha with Linda said...

Cute pictures! Such fun.

I can't believe how long you have to stand in line to early vote! I voted last Saturday and it was a breeze. Of course Texas generally is a pretty clear-cut state.

He & Me + 3 said...

What a busy day! Great pictures. We did trick-or-treat tonight too. The kids had a blast visiting all our neighbors that love them so much. The amount of candy was ridiculous. Our dentist loves his wallet after Halloween. LOL

Missy said...

We pray for Spencer's bwain all the time...will keep it up sweet friend.

xo